- Chateau Petrus, from a prime vineyard on well-drained clay soil atop the Pomerol plateau, has for decades stood as the world's greatest example of Merlot. Petrus's rise to the top, however, was rather meteoric, happening all at once in the second half of the 20th century.
- The panoply of exotic aromas and flavors typically encompasses black raspberry, mulberry, iron, cocoa powder, truffle and expensive new oak. Petrus bottlings are generally 100% Merlot
- . The terroir, unique to the 28 acre site at Petrus, produces a wine that is extraordinarily creamy and thick but with the substantial tannic underpinning to ensure decades of development in bottle.
- ships in $(0) days
Contact for availability
- "The 2016 Vieux Château Certan is a wine of extraordinary beauty." Antonio Galloni
- "It’s a wine that seduces you with every sip — already." James Suckling
- "Sumptuous nose... Amazing persistence and elegance in claret mode." Jancis Robinson MW
- ships in 1+ years
VERY LIMITED - PLEASE CONTACT FOR AVAILABILITY.